Monday, January 26, 2009

So....uh...now what?


Okay, so here I am in day 3 but day 3 of what? I haven't done anything different since the last time I wrote. I have thought about it. Actually, I did do some Wii Fit Boxing on Saturday (unlocked the "expert" level...Woot!) but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's not quite gonna do it. The funny thing is that if someone asked me for advice on losing weight and having a healthier lifestyle, I would know exactly what to tell them. Basic math+ quality choices= Health, right? So why is it so hard to live out? For me, it's BUSYness. I actually like going to the gym. I like running. I like how I feel what I am eating food that is good for my body. I love veggies and whole grains and trying new things. I have an inner health nut just waiting to emerge. But I go through these seasons when I simply don't have time to care and that is when I get into trouble. How about you? What are your triggers? When do you find yourself getting into trouble health wise? Let me know by leaving a comment below. Just click on the little pencil...

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh yes, the time monster. I struggle with it too...but it's not just the actual time that passes all too quickly, but all the mental energy that is demanded from us when we embark on a fitness journey. We need time to hit the gym, sure, but we also need time to PLAN when we will hit the gym tomorrow, the next day, etc...the time to plan our meals at home and those pesky but necessary snacks we carry with us at all times to stave off the hunger beast...time to shop, chop, and consume at regular intervals our 5 servings of fruit & veggies and all manner of plant based protein. DEEP BREATH. Launching one's Health/fitness plan is a time sink --up front. There is hope though as we slog through the first month (encouraged by our initial weight loss)that a HABIT will develop. Well, that's my hope this time around as I challenge myself to finally achieve WW lifetime status. Here's to walking with you Paula!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, me too. It is so much more work to eat healthily. Too many times, I have had wonderful produce go bad in the fridge, becasue I didn't have the time to prepare it or forgot it was there or whatever......but I can find the time to have taquitos or cereal for dinner... my kids eat way too many quesadillas....

So how do we do this better? meal plan while we watch tv? make healthy freezer meals on Saturdays? banish all frozen pizza?

Unknown said...

I agree about scheduling fitness time. I have Thursday and Saturday already scheduled for weight training and walking. The trick is getting everyone else to accept it. When the kids give me a hard time about it, I tell them I have to go or else I will be sick for them again. Then I will have absolutely NO time with them.

Here's my newest favorite recipe that I make whenever the family hosts a "sabotage night" (ex: Chinese food, fried junk, etc): 5 oz. wheat pasta with one slice of butter, 5 cubes of Laughing Cow Light swiss cheese, and vinegar to taste. Full of fiber, only 9 points for Weight Watchers, and it satisfies that desire to eat a lot. Hope this helps. That recipe took off 110 lbs off me from the first pregnancy, and 85 lbs off me for the second.