Friday, January 30, 2009




Well, here I am in ALL my glory. Front, side and back. Wow. Not the girl I used to know, that's for sure.

It would be very easy for me to allow these pictures to send me on a downward spiral of self loathing. But I am not going there because the truth is that I like who I am as a whole. I just want to be healthier. So that, combined with the fact that time is going to tick on by regardless of what I do with it, motivates me to look at these pics as the starting point of days, months, years to come rather than the end result of days, months, years past.

How about you? What helps you stay positive when those downward spirals come creeping up on you?

3 comments:

King of the Mazza Monkeys said...

Very proud of you, my love. I like the initiative you are taking with this blog and I look forward to tracking your journey with you. Hopefully I won't be a negative influence on you! I love you so much...keep up the blogging....

Jane said...

With you all the way...on the road to health. I'm so proud of you!

Unknown said...

I usually focus on an event that's coming up. We're so tight on money now, so we can't afford to buy new clothing. So I really think about that one outfit I want to wear. Sometimes I even hang the outfit where I can see it. Then I make a point to exercise or vacuum before I eat (remember, you have 2 hours from the time you finish moving, where your metabolism is like it was in high school). It gives me more energy too. The saying "It takes energy to make energy" really holds true for me. Hang in there. I'm coming down in July. Want to get together? We could go walking. :-)